Friday, August 17, 2007

Mel

For those of you who don't know, my puppy Mel died in a terrible accident a while ago and somehow to overcome the grieve I decided to draw her. I've got her the way she will remain on my mind, but the sketch style isn't the way I'm used to.

I don't draw this way, with angry lines and inconsequential traces, but that's how she came to be on paper.

Maybe when I draw out of feelings I can't recognize my own clean and strong drawing style - the style I had to master to become an animator. I think I should forget the technique more often and pour my heart on a white sheet. I felt much lighter when I did this.

1 comment:

Louco said...

I've been telling you for some time now, nee-chan youkai; technique and style may matter, but sometimes, all you have to do is to express what you're feeling.

I'm glad you've recovered from that, and you're even able to talk about it.

By the way, that was a pretty good piece of drawing ~_^

Kisses and Love from Otouto